Saturday, November 27, 2010

The urge to compare...


It's funny how my mind works. Every baby book I've read cautions you against comparing your baby to other babies around you (not that it's an issue for me, since my LJ is a genius).

I find myself comparing her to everything but other babies. At first, we compared her to farm animals due to her ridiculously loud nursing. Next, her brother compared her to a gummy bear (by far one of the cutest things I've ever heard). Once she learned to move around she was compared to a carnivorous singing plant and even more recently, a dog.

Tonight we did our normal family routine of the four of us on the ground, letting LJ crawl around. I'm sitting back watching Lucas constantly try to keep things out of her reach ("choking hazards" has become his new favorite phrase). I can't help but laugh as I watch LJ working her thighs off to get to the forbidden object, only to have it taken away. She's like a squirrel going after a nut.

So today we compare her to Ice Age (and any mom who has watched that movie 16,002 times knows what I am talking about).

p.s. Did you know that black beans come out looking exactly as they went in? Just thought I'd share that tidbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment