Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm tired...

I remember telling the hubby that 7 months was my favorite stage. LJ was so content to sit on a blanket and play with toys. Today at almost 10 months, my world has changed.

We get home from Nina's and I put LJ in the living room - hoping she'll stay there long enough so that I have time to close the bedroom/bathroom doors, block the coffee table full of magazines off, and do a quick scan to make sure there aren't any choking hazards lingering. By the time I've done this, she's made her way into the kitchen smacking her lips babbling "dada." (Again, why this little girl cant' say mom, mama, mommy or anything close to that is beyond me.)

We've also discovered that LJ likes dirt. She is obsessed with our house plants. She pulls herself up on them, grabs handfuls of dirt, and sneaks tasty tidbits. Vitamins right?

The hubby and I have also realized that she appears to miss her brother during the week. She'll crawl down to his bedroom door or the closet he likes to play hide and seek in (kinda one-sided if you ask me) and yell out for him. It's as if she is looking for him.

Thank god today is Friday and we will be blessed with the beautiful concept of "siblings." It's so much easier when they have someone to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment