Thursday, October 21, 2010

The simple things...

Don't get me wrong - I was ridiculously excited when LJ started crawling, the first smile she gave mama, and when her little razor-sharp teeth came in... but the best thing I've experienced to date has been her bringing her chubby little hands together.

Clapping! Our average afternoon consists of us sitting on the living room floor, singing silly songs and saying, "clap clap clap." She gets so excited and starts slapping her thighs (seriously - she slaps her legs so hard they get red), and then she realizes that mama is telling her to clap. Her little cabbage patch "where are my knuckles" fingers come together and she starts mimicking the "clap" sound. It makes me want to cry every single time.

I'm a silly woman. I don't know why it makes me so happy.

(and I wish I had an uber-cute photo of her clapping - I suck)

No comments:

Post a Comment