Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Nina...

Nina….
I love my daycare provider. She is the most amazing and kind woman. And the best part is that LJ loves her. I generally try and give her a hug and a kiss before we walk through the door. Once we get inside, Lucy starts making her “well hello there” sounds and lunges out of my arms to get to Nina.

“Buenos días Lucilla. ¿Quieres que tu leche?” Meanwhile, arms are flapping, teeth are showing (I swear she shows you her teeth when she is smiling), and there is zero interest in mama anymore.

I thought I was going to be way more neurotic about my LJ. Nina has done a few things that have caught me off guard. But then I remember that she has been doing this for 30 plus years. While some things she does may be frowned upon (i.e., popsicles for teething, pizza crust for hand-mouth coordination, etc.), Nina is raising my daughter with as much care and attention as I would. I think she loves LJ as much as I do - and vise versa.

She is so flexible and accommodating. Every afternoon, LJ is singing a song, playing with toys, eating delicious smelling home made food… life is so simple when you are a baby.

A few months ago Nina offered to watch LJ overnight so that I could have a little shindig at my house. When I walked through the door (albeit a little slow) the next morning, Nina had LJ bouncing in her arms. “Look Lucilla, it’s the woman who watches you at night.”

Sad, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment