Monday, April 19, 2010

And I'm scared of a bikini??


We decided to take Lucy swimming this past weekend for the first time. Her big brother Lucas has recently become obsessed with our pool. I think he would swim all day if we let him. And let me tell you, it's beneficial for all of us. After the little dude swims for 6 hours straight he generally passes out by 7:00 p.m. We can hardly rouse him to get his teeth brushed before he's out.

I shoved my little Gordita (aka: puffer-fish, butterball, chunky-monkey, and fatty) into an adorable pink bikini and smothered her in my favorite scent - pink baby sunscreen. She got slightly pissed when her feet first touched the water, but once Mark had her fully emerged, she completely relaxed. She closed her eyes and made soft cooing noises just like she does during bath time.

It's funny how I'm so scared to put on a swimsuit since my body is still post-baby, yet I shove my daughter, who has more rolls then we can count, into a tiny bikini and take pictures.

We are so mean!

p.s. Isn't my husband sexy???:)

2 comments:

  1. Guess I am the first one to comment. You are two lucky girls to have a man like Mark at your side. Budda baby looks so cute. Looks like I have spelled "Budda" wrong, but I am too tired to look up how to spell it correctly. Lucy will hate you for these pictures when she is a teenager, but we all love them.

    I love blogs. I have several I check every day. One gal is a potential writer and she really has an interesting blog about her life. I don't know if she is telling the truth on her blog or if this is just a preview of another book she is going to be writing and wants to see
    the various responses to her blog. I never comment on the blog, but I love reading about her strange and crazy life. Her writing gets better and better.

    Happy blogging. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooo cute. and yeah Marks ok too. lol. Can't wait to come and see you guys. check my blog, there is a present for Lucy posted there. www.auntinicolescorner.blogspot.com
    You can get a sneak peek. or wait until we visit.
    Talk to you soon,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete