Saturday, February 12, 2011

Finally a year....


Little Ms. LJ turned one on the 27th of January. Lord knows why it has taken me so long to post. I'm a horrible blogger.

We had a great party for her... a bounce house for the kids, a street taco guy and a keg of beer and margaritas. It was perfect! Her Mimi got her the most precious birthday party outfit... little pink and white stripped leggings that looked like ballerina slippers... it was adorable.

Aunt Jamie, Uncle Wes and both of her cousins (Jenoma and Harper) came out for the party, along with Mimi, Papa, Grandpa, Grandma Teri and all of her relatives. It was almost like a family reunion. Seeing my pops (Grandpa) sit around with my mom (Mimi), the Fallows and my grandma was a throwback to my childhood.

Some of the highlights:

The bounce house got delivered at 7:30 a.m. If that wasn't the best thing since sliced bread, I don't know what is. The second it was fully inflated we ordered Jenoma and Lucas to go outside and bounce. Instant babysitter!!

Mr. Nuelle and Mr. Shott decided that they were going to have a taco eating contest. If you knew Mr. Nuelle you would not be shocked that he won.

We finished the keg of beer (rather impressive for a one year old's birthday party).

Lucy demolished her adorable heart-shaped personal birthday cake. Picked it up like it was a bowling ball.

* * *

Overall it was a great day. My baby is now almost 13 months old. Still not walking, but man can she crawl. She says a ton of words, can sign "more, please, thank you, and milk," she always wants to give you kisses, can blow kisses, and loves to do everything you do.

I can't believe my baby has been on this Earth for over a year. I sat on the floor of her room two nights ago and just watched her breath. I tried to wrap my head around the fact that the hubby and I had created her. That I carried her in my stomach.. it all seems so long ago.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl. I never knew I could love anything or anyone this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment