Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's just so easy...

I've started a new routine which I'm sure would be scolded by many baby books.

In the early mornings when my Juney stirs in her room, I quietly get up, change her diaper and then bring her into bed with us. She quietly (if you know my baby, you know that is a dirty, dirty lie) eats and then falls asleep snuggling her burp cloth. I love the intimacy of having her pressed so closely against me cooing softly in her sleep.

When I woke up this morning sandwiched between my sexy husband and my baby girl, and realized that my 13 pound baby was taking up more than half the bed, I thought of one of my favorite songs.


The telephone is singing
Ringing it's too early
Don't pick it up
We don't need to we got everything
We need right here
And everything we need is enough
Just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Don't really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow, yeah wake up slow

No comments:

Post a Comment